1. An enthusiasm for flogging or whipping.
2. Erotic pleasure or stimulation derived from whipping or of being whipped.
A madness for flowers (or plants) in general or for one particular kind of flower (or plant).
A craze or excessive fondness for France or for things related to France.
fumimania (s) (noun)
, fumimanias (pl)
An obsessive or uncontrollable desire to smoke a tobacco product (cigarettes, cigars, or pipe, etc.) which are often an addiction.
fumimania, fumimaniac; fumiphobia, fumiphobiac: created by John G. Robertson
The terms, capnomania, fumimania
are all coined terms that mean "obsessive or uncontrollable desires or habits of smoking one or more tobacco products" (especially cigarettes, but they may include cigars, pipes, etc.) all of which also can be defined as "tobacco addictions".
They were coined by John G. Robertson in 2002 for his book: An Excess of Phobias and Manias, published in 2003, because they were unavailable in any dictionaries or other known sources to express these conditions.
The terms capno- comes from Greek and fumi- comes from Latin; both of which refer to various kinds of "smoke" or "fumes".
See the pages at this Capnomania-Fumimania, Part 1 for the poem, "The Ballad of Salvation Bill" and other pages about the problems of smoking from the past to the present.
You may see similar words (capnomania, capnomaniac, capnophobia, capnophobiac) which were also created by John Robertson at this capno- unit of words.
fumimaniac (s) (noun)
, fumimaniacs (pl)
Anyone who has an obsession, or uncontrollable habit of smoking a tobacco product (cigarettes, cigars, or tobacco in pipes, etc.).
galeomania (s) (noun)
, galeomanias (pl)
An abnormal desire to have many cats around: There are stories that appear frequently in the newspapers of people suffering from galeomania
because they are trying to have too many cats for their small living areas.
In order to maintain a well-balanced perspective, people who have a dog to worship them should also have a cat to ignore them.
An unreasoning attachment to France or French customs.
1. In psychiatry, a morbid desire to marry.
2. An urge to make outrageous or extravagant proposals of marriage.
gamomania, gamomaniac; or gamonomania
1. A morbid desire to marry.
2. A form of insanity characterized by any extravagant or outrageous proposals of marriage.
gatomania (s) (noun)
, gatomanias (pl)
An abnormal or excessive love of cats: Being affected with gatomania, Mary just couldn't imagine ever living without having at least one or two cats in her home.
An irresistible fascination with bridges or an obsessive urge to cross bridges.
1. An ancient region of central Europe north of the Danube and east of the Rhine which was never under Roman control.
2. A part of the Roman Empire west of the Rhine River corresponding to present-day northeast France, sections of Belgium, and the Netherlands.
A mania or excessive interest in things German.
1. An obsessive preoccupation with achieving or maintaining smug, middle-class respectability.
2. Worshipping smug respectability as the great object of life.
You can find self-scoring quizzes over many of the words in this subject area by going to this Compulsive Behavior
Cross references of word families that are related directly, or indirectly, to: "anger, angry; rage, wrath, fury; rave":