Italian for thick fog, big-a-mist.
1. A person who commits bigamy or someone who is married illegally to two people simultaneously.
2. Said to be someone who demonstrates that "two rites make a wrong" and an action by someone who is participating in "double jeopardy".
, bilingualists (pl) (nouns)
A person who speaks two languages.
A specialist in biochemistry.
An individual skilled in bioclimatology.
biocyberneticist, biocybernetician (s) (noun)
; biocyberneticists, biocyberneticians (pl)
Someone who applies mathematical theory to the communication and control of living organisms: A biocyberneticist obtains or provides physiological feedback mechanisms and central nervous system controls, including the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and ganglia (the mass of nerve tissue existing outside the central nervous system).
bioecologist (s), bioecologists (pl) (noun forms)
1. A specialist who studies the relationships of organisms to their natural environments.
2. Someone who favors, or specializes, in bioecology; such as, an ecologist.
Someone who studies a field concerned with the ethics and philosophical implications of certain biological and medical procedures, technologies, and treatments; such as, organ transplants, genetic engineering, and the care of the terminally ill.
1. A specialist or expert in biology or one who studies biology.
2. A scientist who studies living organisms.
3. A scientist devoted to the study of organisms and their relationships to their environments and the underlying mechanisms that govern how those organisms work.
A professional who uses living organisms, or other biological systems, in the manufacture of drugs, or other products, or for environmental management; such as, in waste recycling.
bioterrorist (s) (noun)
, bioterrorists (pl)
A terrorist who uses biological weapons: "Not only water supplies are susceptible to such deliberate contamination; so, too, is much of the air we breathe."
"Skyscrapers, tunnels, subways, and their requisite heating and air-conditioning systems provide targets and also ways of attack for would-be bioterrorists."
brandophilist (s) (noun)
, brandophilists (pl)
A collector of, or a fondness for collecting cigar bands: As a brandophilist, Mr. Hathaway's saved many narrow paper strips around the rolls of tobacco used for smoking.
Someone who is a specialist in the science of foods.
cacophonist (s) (noun)
, cacophonists (pl)
Someone who tends to use a combination of loud and often jarring words or sounds: When Jacob was delivering his political speech, a woman from the audience interrupted him with a critical comment and as a result, he lost his temper and suddenly became a cacophonist
who yelled at her to sit down and to shut up!
The members of the orchestra were a bunch of cacophonists producing a lot of racket as they were individually tuning their musical instruments before the conductor started rehearsing.
The boy trying to play his violin, his dog, and the cat on the roof of the house next door; all illustrate a group of cacophonists.