Excessive secretion of breast milk.
A reference to the excessive secretion of breast milk.
1. A term used to denote the custom that forbids the marriage of a woman into a group of lower standing than her own.
2. Any marriage with a partner of higher social standing.
3. A custom in some societies that requires a woman to marry a man of a higher social class than the one to which she belongs.
Excessive, or exaggerated, development of a tissue, organ, or bodily part, usually in an unnatural or unwanted manner.
Excessive growth or activity of the sexual organs; used especially in reference to precocious puberty.
hypergeusesthesia (s) (noun)
, hypergeusesthesias (pl)
A parageusia, or the perversion, of the sense of taste; a bad taste in the mouth involving an increased sensitivity of taste: Jillian's sister always experiences hypergeusesthesia whenever she tries to eat green beans or spinach.
hypergeusia (high pur GYOO see uh; high pur JYOO see uh)
An abnormal acuteness, or excess, of the sense of taste.
1. An abnormally high blood sugar level in the body which is usually associated with diabetes.
2. An elevated level specifically of the sugar glucose in the blood.
Hyperglycemia is often found in diabetes mellitus. It occurs when the body does not have enough insulin or cannot use the insulin it has to turn glucose into energy.
1. A reference to an abnormally high blood sugar usually associated with diabetes.
2. Characterized by, or causing, hyperglycemia (excess of glucose in the blood).
Glucose is a monosaccharide (a simple sugar; a carbohydrate that cannot be broken down to simpler substances by hydrolysis) which is found in many foods; especially, fruit, and is the end product of carbohydrate digestion in the body.
Soon after digestion, other monosaccharides; such as, fructose and galactose get converted into glucose, so that it is the only monosaccharide present in significant amounts in body fluids.
The metabolism of glucose is the chief source of energy for the cells of the body, and the rate of such metabolism is controlled by insulin. In pharmaceutical preparations, glucose is called dextrose.
1. The presence of excessive amounts of sugar in the cerebrospinal fluid.
2. An excessive degree of sugar in the cerebrospinal fluid.
A distorted, or exaggerated, perception; influenced by the unconscious projection of emotional subjective experiences.
1. An exaggerated perception; such as, the expansion of an isolated idea into a complex philosophical system; seen in paranoia.
2. Excessive elaboration of a single concept or percept.
3. Projection of inner conflicts into one's environment.
1. Excessive internal secretion of gonads.
2. A clinical state resulting from enhanced secretion of gonadal hormones.
Over development of secondary sex characteristics of the mature female or their precocious development in a young girl.
Characterizing waters with a salinity greater than 40 parts per thousand of dissolved salts; hypersaline: Certain organisms can thrive in hyperhaline lakes which have a high salinity level.
Related "above, over, beyond the normal, excessive" word units:
super-, supra-, sur;
Inter-related cross references, directly or indirectly, involving word units meaning "more, plentiful, fullness, excessive, over flowing":