You searched for: “herniotome
A special knife or curved bistoury, with a blunt end, sometimes used in operations for a hernia.

A bistoury, by the way, is a French term for a surgical instrument consisting of a slender knife, either straight or curved, generally used by introducing it beneath the part to be divided, and cutting towards the surface.

This entry is located in the following unit: hernio-, herni- + (page 2)