Producing fruits above ground that are subsequently buried.
A leucite that is a mineral having a glassy fracture, occurring in translucent trapezohedral crystals.
It is a silicate of alumina and potash. It is found in the volcanic rocks of Italy, especially at Vesuvius.
1. In psychiatry, a form of sexual inversion in which a person, predominantly homosexual, is able also to have sexual relations with members of the opposite sex.
2. Sexual development; the fusion of two dissimilar gametes.
1. A reference to certain parasitic fungi growing on both sides of leaves.
2. Increasing in size by growth on all sides; such as, lichens.
Lichens are thallophytic plants formed by a mutualistic combination of an alga and a fungus, the algal component being a green or blue-green alga, and the fungal usually an ascomycete.
The ability to have heterosexual relations when one's preference is predominantly homosexual.
amphogenic, amphogenous, amphogeny
1. Producing male and female offspring in approximately equal numbers.
2. A reference to sexual reproduction.
1. The regeneration or repair of bodily tissue or parts.
2. A progressive pattern of evolution of a species that results in linear descent with no branching or splitting of the population.
Originating in the elbow, or elbows.
1. The growth of an individual from a male cell.
2. Development of an egg that contains only paternal chromosomes, those of the father, because the nucleus of the ovum fails to participate in fertilization.
Producing masculine characteristics; a reference to androgenesis.
Treatment with androgenic hormones, such as testosterone.
1. Pertaining to the production of exclusively male offspring [adjective form of androgenesis].
2. Pertaining to the preferential production of male offspring.
anephrogenesis (s) (noun)
, anephrogeneses (pl)
Congenital absence of kidney tissue: Anephrogenesis is the physical condition of being born without kidneys.
1. The development of new blood-vessels.
2. Development of blood vessels in the embryo.