A drugless system of therapy, making use of physical forces such as air, light, water, heat, massage, etc.
A condition or disease process principally characterized by tissue death or gangrene.
1. A new lesion or pathologic process.
2. A new, or newly, discovered disease.
3. A disease, or the complication of a disease, newly present in a patient.
Any disease of the kidneys.
neuroarthropathy (s) (noun)
, neuroarthropathies (pl)
Any disease of body parts that are associated with the loss of sensation or feelings in the bone connections: The diagnosis which Dr. Jones presented to the Jim, the ball player, was neuroarthropathy which meant that he would be unable to feel pain in his finger joints if the baseball would hit them.
1. A disorder of a muscle resulting from a disorder of its nerve supply.
2. Simultaneous disorders of nerves and muscles.
Disorder, often toxic, of the neuron.
1. Pertaining to an organic or functional disorder of the nervous system.
2. The terms neurotic and psychogenic are usually preferred by many psychologists instead of neuropathic for functional disorders.
A branch of medicine that is concerned with diseases of the nervous system.
neuropathy (s) (noun)
, neuropathies (pl)
1. A functional disturbance or pathological change in the peripheral nervous system, sometimes limited to noninflammatory lesions as opposed to those of neuritis: "Typical symptoms of neuropathy are related to the type of affected nerve. If a sensory nerve is damaged, common symptoms include numbness, tingling in the area, a prickling sensation, or pain."
2. An abnormality, malfunction, or disease of the nervous system: "Pain associated with neuropathy can be very intense and may be cutting, stabbing, crushing, or burning."
neuropsychopathy (s) (noun)
, neuropsychopathies (pl)
An emotional illness of neurologic and functional origin.
A disease of the optic disk and retina.
Swelling of the optic disk and formation of serous and fibrinous precipitates in the retina, occurring in severe hypertension.
You can find self-scoring quizzes over many of the words in this subject area by going to this Vocabulary Quizzes