A disease affecting a single part of the body or a single uncomplicated disease.
Treatment of a disease with gymnastics.
Any disease or dysfunction of myelin.
Any disease of the spinal cord.
Any disease of the heart muscle; also, cardiomyopathy.
Any disease of the muscles.
A practitioner of naprapathy or someone who uses therapeutic manipulation based on the theory that morbid symptoms are dependent upon strained or contracted ligaments.
1. A healing system based on the theory that disease or illness is caused by strained ligaments and other problems of connective tissue and can be treated by massage.
2. A system of therapeutic manipulation based on the theory that morbid symptoms are dependent upon strained or contracted ligaments in the spine, thorax, or pelvis.
naturopath (s) (noun)
, naturopaths (pl)
A type of alternative medicine: Naturopath is based on the principle that illnesses can be treated, cured, or prevented without using any drugs or surgery, but by the use of water, herbs, and air, along with therapy using physical means.
naturopathy (s) (noun)
, naturopathies (pl)
A drugless system of therapy: Naturopathy makes use of physical forces such as air, light, water, heat, massage, etc. and avoids the use of surgery and some types of medication.
A condition or disease process principally characterized by tissue death or gangrene.
1. A new lesion or pathologic process.
2. A new, or newly, discovered disease.
3. A disease, or the complication of a disease, newly present in a patient.
You can find self-scoring quizzes over many of the words in this subject area by going to this Vocabulary Quizzes