1. A barometer constructed so that it automatically describes the variations in atmospheric pressure.
2. A device that gives a continuous record of barometric pressure.
An apparatus for recording simultaneously the pressure and the temperature of the atmosphere.
An automatic instrument that simultaneously records the temperature, pressure, and humidity of the atmosphere.
An instrument that makes graphic records of abnormalities of gait.
A mechanism which measures vertical currents in the deep sea.
bathyconductograph (s) (noun)
, bathyconductographs (pl)
A device to measure the electrical conductivity of sea water at various depths from a moving ship.
A reference to ocean depths and mountains heights; such as, a bathygraphical map.
A reference to depth underwater and elevation above sea level including mountains.
The study and mapping of variations in the earth's surface, including depths of bodies of water (oceans, lakes, etc.) and mountains and mountain ranges.
An instrument that automatically records the temperature of water at various depths.
A reference to an instrument which automatically records the temperatures of water at various depths.
bibliograph (s) (noun)
, bibliographs (pl)
The printing or publications of books.
bibliographer (s) (noun)
, bibliographers (pl)
Anyone who writes about books, describing their authorships and their printings, publications, etc.
, more bibliographic, most bibliographic
1. A descriptive term for a list of books and articles consulted, appearing at the end of a book or other text.
2. Referring to a list of books and articles on a particular subject.
3. A reference to the process of organizing the history of books and other publications, and the work of classifying and describing them.
The covers of this book are too far apart.
Related "writing" word units: