astrophotographer (s) (noun)
, astrophotographers (pl)
Someone who specializes in a type of photography that entails making photographs of astronomical objects in the night sky; such as, planets, stars, and deep sky objects including star clusters and galaxies.
astrophotography (s) (noun)
, usually no plural
1. The art of photographing astronomical objects and events for astronomical studies>
2. The photography of stars and other celestial objects.
3. The use of photographs to record extraterrestrial objects in order to study their surface features, positions, motions, radiation, and spectra.
ataxiagraph (s) (noun)
, ataxiagraphs (pl)
An instrument for measuring the degree and direction of the swaying of the body and head in static ataxia, with the individual's eyes closed. Also: ataxiameter.
atmograph (s) (noun)
, atmographs (pl)
1. A device for recording the movements of breathing: An atmograph is an instrument for registering the varying characters of respiratory movements.
2. In photography, a picture acquired by the process of vapors or smoke: Jane was especially interested in taking photos and developing them as atmogrphs using vapors, or the visible suspension of particles of certain substances in the air.
audiospectography (s) (noun)
, audiospectographies (pl)
A technique for studying sounds by separating them into their component frequencies: Part of Sam's university studies was in the field of audiospectolgraphy, which interested him quite a bit in regards to becoming an otorhinolaryngologist.
aurigraphy (s) (noun)
, aurigraphies (pl)
A writing or graving in gold.
autobiographer (s) (noun)
, autobiographers (pl)
Someone who writes about his or her personal life history.
An autobiographer is someone who describes his many interesting experiences, some of which are possibly true.
, more autobiographic, most autobiographic
Of the nature or character of an autobiography. Also, autobio, autobiog.
, more autobiographical, most autobiographical
A reference to the presentation of one's own life history or experiences in the manner of an autobiography; such as, an autobiographical diary, or an autobiographical novel.
autobiographist (s) (noun)
, autobiographists (pl)
Someone who writes the story about his or her personal life.
autobiography (s) (noun)
, autobiographies (pl)
1. An account of someone’s life written by that person; literally, "self-life writing".
2. Marked by writing about one's own experiences and life history.
An autobiography is a book that usually reveals nothing bad about its writer except his/her memory.
An autobiography is fiction written by someone who actually knows the facts.
autograph (s) (noun)
, autographs (pl)
1. A person's own signature or handwriting.
2. A manuscript in the author's handwriting.
3. A handwritten signature; especially, the signature of a famous person.
autographer (s) (noun)
, autographers (pl)
Someone or those who write by hand; self writing.
, more autographic, most autographic
1. The act of writing something by hand or “self writing”.
2. A copy of a document or text handwritten by its creator.
3. To write one’s signature in something; such as, a book or a photograph.
autography (s) (noun)
, autographies (pl)
1. Any writing of something which is done in one's own handwriting.
2. That which is handwritten by a person.
Related "writing" word units: