The conversion of brackish water, or salt water, to useful fresh water by direct utilization of solar energy; such as, a "solar still".
The use of chemical reactions driven by solar radiation to break down contaminant molecules in the air or the water; that is, the detoxification of water through thermal chemical reactions driven by the heat generated by concentrating solar collectors.
A technology employed to purify water by means of solar energy; for example, a solar collector is used to heat water, which evaporates and then condenses.
As the water evaporates, only the water vapor rises, leaving contaminants behind.
All the constituents that make up the total electromagnetic radiation emitted y the sun; about 99 percent of solar radiation is contained in a wavelength region from about 300 nanometers (ultraviolet) to 3,000 nanometers (near-infrared).
Exposure to natural or artificial sunlight for therapeutic purposes, as in a solarium.
solicitation (s) (noun)
, solicitations (pl)
1. The act of enticing a person to do something wrong or immoral.
2. Request for a sum of money.
3. An entreaty (earnest or urgent request) addressed to someone of superior status.
1. A process whereby a mental event is expressed in a body disorder or physical symptom; such as, peptic ulcers and asthma.
2. The organic expression of a mental disorder.
somnambulation (s) (noun)
, somnambulations (pl)
The action or fact of walking while asleep or in a sleep-like condition.
somniation (s) (noun)
, somniations (pl)
The phenomenon of sleeping or dreaming.
sophistication (s) (noun)
, sophistications (pl)
soporation (s) (noun)
, soporations (pl)
A putting or lulling to sleep.