-ation, -ization (-iz[e] + -ation); -isation (British spelling variation)
(Greek > Latin: a suffix; action, act, process, state, or condition; or result of doing something)
Although there are over 1,450 word entries ending with -ation or -ization listed in this unit, there are certainly many more which exist in the English language. At any rate, this unit provides a significant number of -ation and -ization examples for you to see.
2. The use of biological means to restore or clean up contaminated land; such as, by adding bacteria and other organisms that consume or neutralize contaminants in the soil.
3. The conversion of hazardous wastes and pollutants into harmless materials by the action of microorganisms.
4. The purposeful addition of organic materials to a contaminated environment to cause an acceleration of natural processes to degrade or transform hazardous organic contaminants into harmless conditions.
2. A numbering or assessing by the head.
3. A fixed per capita payment made periodically to a medical service provider (as a physician) by a managed care group (as an HMO) in return for medical care provided to enrolled individuals.
4. A method of assessing the number of people by counting heads or individuals.