An instrument for measurement of the rheologic properties of materials, e.g., of blood.
An instrument that measures the flow of thick liquids; such as, the blood in circulation.
rhinoanemometer (s) (noun)
, rhinoanemometers (pl)
An apparatus for measuring the air passing through the nose during respiration: A rhinoanemometer is a variation of the pneumotachometer that is used for measuring nasal air flow and nasal resistance to air flow while breathing
A manometer used to determine the presence and amount of nasal obstruction, and the nasal air pressure and flow relationships.
The study and measurement of nasal air flow and pressures; nasal resistance or obstruction can be calculated from the data obtained.
An instrument for measuring the nose or its cavities.
A device for measuring nasal air flow rates.
1. A relative ionospheric opacity meter which is a specially designed radio receiver for the continuous monitoring of cosmic noise.
2. An instrument that measures changes in ionospheric absorption of electromagnetic waves by determining and recording the level of extraterrestrial cosmic-radio noise.
3. A tool for measuring the electromagnetic capacity of the ionosphere using the strength of a cosmic radio source relative to that during minimums of ionospheric disturbances.
1. An instrument for measuring the intensity of radiation.
2. An instrument designed for measuring the mechanical effect of radiant energy.
It consists of a number of light discs, blackened on one side, placed at the ends of extended arms, supported on a pivot in an exhausted glass vessel.
When exposed to rays of light or heat, the arms rotate.
Radiometry, the measuring of the intensity of radiation.
1. An instrument used to measure the concentration of sugar in a solution; for example, a polarimeter.
A polarimeter is an instrument used to measure the rotation of the plane of polarization of light as it passes through a substance; especially, a liquid or solution. It is an important tool in the analysis of sugar solutions.
2. An instrument that determines the concentration of sugar in a fermenting solution from carbon dioxide measurements.
A hydrometer used to determine the strength of a sugar solution by measuring its density.