A specialist who does research in the branch of biology that deals with structure and form.
It includes the anatomy, histology, and cytology of the organism at any stage or period of its life history.
Someone who believes in the principle or system of home rule.
muralist (s) (noun)
, muralists (pl)
A person, or people, who paint on flat surfaces or solid partitions: Some muralists expose their artistic talents to pubic criticism by painting on the sides of buildings which were not meant to have such exhibitions.
Someone who systematically studies music and musical style, particularly in the realm of historical research.
Today, the scope of musicology for a musicologist may be summarized as covering the study of the history and phenomena of music, including (1) form and notation, (2) biography, (3) the development of musical instruments, (4) music theory (harmony, melody, modes, etc.), and (5) aesthetics, acoustics, and physiology of the voice, ear, and hand.
Anyone; such as, a botanist who specializes in the study of fungi.
myriotheist (s) (noun)
, myriotheists (pl)
Someone who believes in, or maintains the doctrine of, a multitude of gods.
myrmecologist (s) (noun)
Someone or those who specialize in the study of ants.
Someone who sells unguents or perfumery. An unguent is a salve for soothing or healing; an ointment.
1. A writer of myths.
2. One who is versed in myths or mythology.
nanotribologist (s) (noun)
, nanotribologists (pl)
One who specialtizes in the study and applications of friction phenomenon at the nanometer scale (one billionth of a meter or 10-9).
nationalist (s) (noun)
, nationalists (pl)
1. A follower or upholder of the love for a country; loyalist: Jim's neighbour seemed to be a nationalist who promoted the country's interests and totally excluded any interests of other nations.
2. An individual who supports the political independence of a certain people or country; totalitarian; extreme right-winger: Tim's uncle seemed to be a nationalist who definitely wanted to have a separate and very strong Scotland.
naturalist (s) (noun)
, naturalists (pl)
1. An individual who practises or supports realism: In the story that Susan was reading, the protagonist was both a painter and a naturalist who depicted the truth in his paintings.
2. A student of the history of nature; wildlife expert: Mr. Smith, Jack's biology teacher, was a naturalist and showed his students many aspects of what nature could provide.
nautumephilist (s) (noun)
, nautumephilists (pl)
A collector of naval uniforms: Ever since Joe was a boy, he was intrigued by the navy and so he decided to save the naval outfits of his ancestors that were in the navy. He found out later that he was not the only nautumephilist in the city!