Spirit leveling (device or level for determining a true horizontal or vertical reference point) of a high order of accuracy, usually extended over large areas, to furnish accurate vertical control in the vertical dimension for all surveying and mapping operations.
The leveling follows the geoid and its associated irregular level surfaces rather than any mathematically determined spheroid or ellipsoid and associated regular level surfaces.
homalambulophobia (s) (noun)
, homalambulophobias (pl)
A fear of walking on or of touching smooth surfaces: Homalambulophobia is primarily applicable to those who have lived in a jungle, mountainous areas, or deep forest environments.
Having a flattened head.
A person with a flat head.
1. In geography, delineating in equal proportion; applied to a method of projection in which equal areas on the earth’s surface are represented by equal areas on the map or chart.
2. Preserving the mutual relations of parts, especially as to size and form; maintaining relative proportion.
Also known as: homolographic projection which is a method of constructing geographical charts or maps, so that the surfaces, as delineated on a plane, have the same relative size as the real surfaces; that is, so that the relative actual areas of the different countries are accurately represented by the corresponding portions of the map.
1. Flat; even; a term applied to surfaces and to spaces, whether real or imagined, in which the definitions, axioms, and postulates of Euclid respecting parallel straight lines are assumed to hold true.
2. Of the nature of a flat plane.
A genus of flies the larvae of which sometimes infect human or animal intestines.
In vertebrate zoology, the hillstream loaches, a small family of freshwater fish in the suborder Cyprinoidei, having a flattened forebody and laterally espanded pelvic fins that form a suction disc on the smooth underside.
These fish are found in fast-moving freshwater streams of Southeast Asia, where they cling to rocks and feed on algae.
In invertebrate zoology, a suborder of tiny marine animals in the class Kinorhyncha.
A reference to birds that have a flat keelless sternum or breast-bone; ratite.
1. Excretion in the urine of any stubstance at a constant rate, or production of urine itself at a constant rate.
2. Productin and excretion of urine at a normal, even rate.