(Latin: hair, shaggy, bristly, rough)
Go to this Word A Day Revisited Index
so you can see more of Mickey Bach's cartoons.
2. A description of a plant or plant part covered with long stiff hairs; "It was an abnormally hirsute leaf."
3. Bearing coarse, rough, longish hairs.
2. In botany, plants that are covered with stiff or coarse hairs.
A woman whose hirsutism is not hormone-related has long, fine hairs on her face, arms, chest, and back.2. Heavy growth of hair, often in an abnormal distribution or place.
This condition is defined as excessive and increased hair growth on women in locations where the occurrence of terminal hair normally is minimal or absent.
It refers to the male pattern of body hair and it is therefore primarily of cosmetic and psychological concern.
2. Paraphilia involving sexual attraction to body hair.
Paraphilia refers to sexual arousal in response to a person's perception of sexual objects or situations.
2. Having a hairy appearance; for example, a mushroom cap.