1. Relating or belonging to the neck, or to any body part that resembles a neck.
2. Having to do with any kind of neck including the neck on which the head is perched and the neck of the uterus.
2. Referring to, or belonging to, the cervix of the womb.
The word cervix in Latin means, "neck". That is why "cervical vertebrae" and "cervical cancer" involve quite various parts of the anatomy joined only by the meaning of the word cervix.
Any one of the arteries found in the neck.
A congenital fissure (deep furrow, cleft, or slit) of the neck.
cervical vertebra (s) (noun)
, cervical vertebrae (pl)
One of the bones of the neck or the seven segments of the vertebral column located in the neck area: " The vertebrae are located closest to the skull in the neck."
Pain in the neck.
A reference to the neck, or the neck of any organ or bodily structure.
Surgical removal of the cervix, the lower portion of the uterus that protrudes into the vagina.
Cervicectomy is done in younger women with early cancer of the cervix. In this surgery, the cervix and the upper part of the vagina are removed but the rest of the uterus is left in place.
The lymph nodes in the pelvis are also removed, usually by keyhole laparoscopic surgery, to see if the cancer has spread.
1. Affecting or pertaining to the neck and the heart.
2. Referring to branches of the vagus nerve arising in the neck and traveling to the heart; considered an imprecise usage.
1. The part of an organism that connects the head to the rest of the body.
2. A neck-like opening to the uterus.
Affecting or referring to the neck and spinal cord.
Inflammation of the cervix of the womb.
A reference to the neck and the ear or the auricle of the ear.
cervicoaxillary (s) (adjective) (not comparable)
Referring to the neck and the cavity beneath the junction of the arm and the body, or the hollow under the arm where it is joined to the shoulder: After a great deal of working out and sweating at the fitness studio, Jeff took a shower so the cervicoaxillary parts of his body would not present "body odor".
Pertaining to the neck and the arm.
1. Pain in the neck and the arm.
2. A neuralgia in which pain extends from the cervical region to the arms or fingers.
Cross references related to "neck, throat" word families: