(Latin: representation, likeness, picture, appearance, idea)
Receivers called geophones, analogous to microphones, pick up “echoes” that come back up through the ground and record the intensity and time of the “echo” on computers.
Data processing turns these signals into images of the geologic structure. This technology is similar in principle to active electromagnetic survey technology.
Here are more etails about seismic imaging.
2. Totally unlikely: impossible, inconceivable, out of the question.
2. Totally unlikely.
2. Deficient in originality or creativity; lacking powers of invention.
3. Lacking spontaneity or originality or individuality; stereotyped.
4. Unable to think of new or interesting ideas, plans, or situations.
5. Boring and without new ideas.
2. In a matter-of-fact manner.
2. Not conceived.