1. A system of government in which words are the ruling power; that is, words, words, WORDS; signifying nothing!
2. A community or system of government in which words are the ruling powers.
matriarchy (s) (noun)
, matriarchies (pl)
A government ruled by a mother, mothers, or women: A matriarchy is that form of a social organization in which the mother, and not the father, is the head of the family, and in which descents and relationships are determined by mothers and not fathers.
Government or dominance of society by the mediocre.
A description of dark-colored rocks containing at least 50-60% of dark minerals.
1. Government by people who are selected on the basis of merit in a competitive educational system.
2. A government made up of an influential class of educated people.
3. An elite group of people whose progress is based on ability and talent rather than on class privilege or wealth.
4. A system in which advancement is based on individual ability or achievement instead of personal influences.
Relating to or characteristic of a meritocracy.
Government by, or from, the middle classes.
A description of igneous rocks which are composed of a fairly equal proportion of light and dark minerals in nearly equal amounts.
It is intermediate in color between leucocratic (light-colored minerals) and melanocratic (dark-colored minerals).
1. A form of social order where women are in charge and are recognized as the heads of families, with power, lineage, and inheritance passing, where possible, from mothers to daughters.
2. Any community, society, or social group that is based on matriarchy.
3. Any form of organization or government where women have power.
1. The rule of the mob, government by a mob (large and unruly crowd of people).
2. The "mob" or lowest class as a ruling body.
3. A ruling or politically supreme mob.
1. A person who advocates government by the mob.
2. A member of a mobocracy.
Government or rule by a single person; autocracy.
1. A government run by amateurs.
2. Government by new or inexperienced officials.
3. A government administered untried officials.
A system of government based on a legal code; the rule of law in a community.
Government by the mob or lowest of the people; mob-rule.
Cross references of word families related directly, or indirectly, to: "master, lead, leading, ruler, ruling, govern":