2. To employ one's mind rationally and objectively in evaluating or dealing with a given situation.
3. To exercise the power of reason, as by conceiving ideas, drawing inferences, and using judgment.
Mona thinks she knows the right answer.
Kelsey and Fay didn't think they would have any problems completing their project.
Brenda asked, "Gary, do you honestly think Alisha will agree with your plan?"
Stefanie never thought that she would become a computer programmer.
Who could possibly have thought that Cleo would be this successful?
Shareen never thought that Brian would leave her.2. To have an opinion about someone or something: Willie thinks that he should let Iva know what is going on.
Howard thinks that Trudy is a talented writer and musician.
Doug asked, "Mariel, where do you think we should eat tonight?"3. To form or to have a particular idea or concept in a person's mind: Celia commented, "Come on, Eugene, you really should relax and try to think pleasant thoughts instead of being so negative."
Craig was just thinking what it would be like to be rich.
Cassie was thinking about the time when she and her family took a vacation in Florida.4. To use one's mind to understand or to decide something: Larry said, "Whatever you do, Frank, think before you answer the question."
This word game teaches pupils how to think.
Janet said, "Where did I see your glasses? Let me think."
Ingrid thought for a long time before she reached a final decision.
Now, don't bother him because he's thinking about the problem.
Dwight inquired, "Well Carlos, have you thought about where you will be living when you retire?"5. Used to make a statement or suggestion less definite: Ivan thinks Mollie and Janine lived here once.
Victor thought that he might go for a walk in the city park this afternoon.6. Applies to questions which show anger or surprise about what someone has done or is doing: Dad said, "Jimmy, what do you think you're doing? Your mother just said you can't have a cookie."
Greg said, "Come on, man, who do you think you are, pushing your way in here like that?"
The window of opportunity wont open itself.
Change is not merely necessary to life. It is life.
Why is it when we talk to God were prayingbut when God talks to us, were schizophrenic?
The nice thing about egotists is that they dont talk about other people.
The trouble with ignorance is that it picks up confidence as it goes along.
Politics is said to come from the Greek prefix, poly, meaning many; and ticks, meaning blood sucking insects. A pretty good description, wouldnt you say?
Like the proverbial bolt out of the blue: Tornadoes may take out whole neighborhoods. Hurricanes may threaten whole states. But lightning, on average, kills more people every year than tornadoes and hurricanes combined.
In Florida, Seventy-one people have been hurt so far this year, compared to the usual yearly toll of 30; five have died.
Says Bob OBrien of the National Safety Council: Lightning is going to strike, and you dont want to be there when it does.
Whenever Richard Cory went down town,
We people on the pavement looked at him:
He was a gentleman from sole to crown,
Clean favored, and imperially slim.
And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
Good-morning, and he glittered when he walked.
And he was richyes, richer than a king
And admirably schooled in every grace:
In fine, we thought that he was everything
To make us wish that we were in this place.
So on we worked, and waited for the light,
And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;
And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,
Went home and put a bullet through his head.
2. How does anyone learn the art of converting defeat into stepping stones to opportunity?
3. All achievements have their beginnings in ideas because thoughts are things!
- Ideas can be powerful things when they are mixed with a definite purpose, persistence, and a burning desire for their translations into definite objectives.
- One sound idea is all that a person needs to achieve success.
- Achievements begin with a state of mind and with a definite purpose.
- Success comes to those who become success conscious. Failure comes to those who indifferently allow themselves to become failure conscious.
- One of the principles of success is desire: knowing what one wants.
- DESIRE is the starting point of ALL achievement!
- Choosing a definite goal places all the energy, all the will power, all the effort, everything, back to that goal.
- Desiring success with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire success, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring success.
- There is one quality which a person must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
If the thing you wish to do is right, and you believe in it, go ahead and do it! Put your dream across, and never mind what "they" say if you meet with temporary defeat, for "they", perhaps, do not know that every failure brings with it the seed of an equivalent success.
2. Both poverty and riches are the offspring of thought.
Faith is the visualization of, and belief in attainment of desire
Faith is the head chemist of the mind and when faith is blended with thought, the subconscious mind instantly picks up the vibration, translates it into its spiritual equivalent, and transmits it to Infinite Intelligence, as in the case of prayer.
- Faith is a state of mind which may be induced, or created, by affirmation or repeated instructions to the subconscious mind, through the principle of autosuggestion.
- Repetition of affirmation of orders to your subconscious mind is the only known method of voluntary development of the emotion of faith.
- Your belief, or faith, is the element which determines the action of your subconscious mind.
- It is essential that people encourage the positive emotions as dominating forces of their minds, and to discourage and to eliminate negative emotions.
- It is a well-known fact that people come, finally, to believe whatever they repeat to them selves, whether the statements are true or false. People are what they are because of the dominating thoughts which they permit to occupy their minds.
- Thoughts which are mixed with any of the feelings of emotions constitute a "magnetic" force which attracts other similar or related thoughts.
The law of autosuggestion, through which anyone may rise to altitudes of achievement which stagger the imagination, is well described in the following composition:
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win, but you think you can't,
It is almost certain you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you're lost
For out of the world we find,
Success begins with a person's will;
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think you are outclassed, you are,
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the strongest or fastest woman or man,
But sooner or later, those who win
Are those WHO THINK THEY CAN!
The answer will always end with 3. Delete the 3, and the remaining figure will be the original number that you started with.