The transfer of Jim's data from his computer to his internet service provider was delayed because of a power outage caused by a severe storm.
A transfer of passengers from the aircraft to the terminal could not take place until the bus arrived to pick them up.2. Tickets that allow customers who pay their fares to move from one vehicle to another one until they reach their destinations: Many passengers, including Carol and her friend Elaine, obtain transfers every day so they can change from the subway to the buses without having to pay an extra fare to go to work, shopping, etc.; then later, with another paid fare, they will get another transfer, so they can return to their homes after they have completed their objectives.
2. To use something; such as, an idea, a skill, etc. for a different or new purpose: Fortunately, Sam was able to transfer his organizational experiences and ideas to his new job.
3. To change from one form of transportation to another one while traveling: In addition to the passengers, Sandy and Leo were transferred from one aircraft to a different one because the first one had a flat tire.
Data transfer rate differs from the "read rate" which refers to how many tags can be read within a given period of time.
2. Electronic banking transactions conducted through computerized systems; such as, electronic funds transfer by automated-teller machines, intended to speed operations, to reduce costs, etc.
A customer inserts a magnetically encoded plastic card into the terminal, and then presses the appropriate keys to make deposits or withdrawals, transfer money to pay bills, and even to borrow money.
Such financial exchanges are dependent wholly or in a large part on the use of electronics.
2. A system for transferring monetary funds from one account or location to another one by computer.
2. A blend of transfer and resistor.
- Transfer: To move from one place to another, or to cause someone or something to do so.
- Resistor: A component of an electrical circuit that has resistance and is used to control the flow of electric current.