You searched for: “tactilogy”
tactilogy (s) (noun)
The study or science of general sensations from various kinds of touching; including:
- Delicate touch, or the ability to detect a light contact between an object and the skin.
- Pain that warns the brain about a possible injury from an external stimulus and can trigger a reflex withdrawal.
- Heat in which some free nerve endings respond specifically to heat.
- Cold on the skin which can be detected by specialized end organs and extreme cold also stimulates pain receptors.
- Pressure when a change in pressure on the skin is detected by specialized end organs called pacinian corpuscles.