2.A group of birds, fish, or other animals that are going together from one region or country to another for feeding or breeding purposes.
3. A group of people moving together; especially, in some given time period.
4. In chemistry, the movement of ions under the influence of an electric field.
5. The movement of an atom, or a group of atoms or double bonds, from one part of a molecule to another.
6. A transfer of computer data, programs, or hardware from one system to another.
7. The movement of oil, gas, contaminants, water, or other liquids through porous and permeable rock.
8. A condition or process of extraction, in which an aqueous or organic solvent selectively dissolves part of an adhesive film and carries it to a different location as the solvent evaporates.
General biological migrations
Animal migration is a predictable, recurring group movement that is characteristic of the members of a given species, and which occurs regularly in response to seasonal changes in temperature, precipitation, food availability, etc.
The process usually involves a round-trip movement between two areas, to seek a more suitable breeding place, a greater food and water supply, or other more favorable environmental conditions.