2. The greatest amount or level of something that is possible.
3. The point, edge, or line beyond which something cannot or may not proceed.
4. The boundary surrounding a specific area.
5. A confining or restricting object, agent, or influence.
6. The greatest or least amount, number, or extent that is allowed or which is possible.
2. Not to be entered or frequented by a designated group.
3. A place to which entry is forbidden or barred: "This part of town is off-limits to strangers."
Half of the 12,000 kilometers of autobahns already have speed limits as do smaller roads; however, the "anything-goes" stretches of the autobahn are the fastest public roads in the world.
Germany has a significant economic incentive to resist a speed limit because it builds some of the world's fastest cars, and the autobahn is a valuable showcase and marketing tool for the industry.