You searched for: “intensifier
Word Entries containing the term: “intensifier
electroluminescent-photoconductive image intensifier (s) (noun), electroluminescent-photoconductive image intensifiers (pl)
A panel, made up of photoconductive and electroluminescent layers that are used as either a positive or a negative image intensifier, depending on the amplitude and the phase of its two power supply voltages: The electroluminescent-photoconductive image intensifier receives the image and converts it into electrical signals; and subsequently, the electroluminescent layer converts the signals into a brighter light.

This entry is located in the following units: electro-, electr-, electri- (page 34) lumen-, lumin-, lum- (page 2)