2. How does anyone learn the art of converting defeat into stepping stones to opportunity?
3. All achievements have their beginnings in ideas because thoughts are things!
- Ideas can be powerful things when they are mixed with a definite purpose, persistence, and a burning desire for their translations into definite objectives.
- One sound idea is all that a person needs to achieve success.
- Achievements begin with a state of mind and with a definite purpose.
- Success comes to those who become success conscious. Failure comes to those who indifferently allow themselves to become failure conscious.
- One of the principles of success is desire: knowing what one wants.
- DESIRE is the starting point of ALL achievement!
- Choosing a definite goal places all the energy, all the will power, all the effort, everything, back to that goal.
- Desiring success with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire success, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring success.
- There is one quality which a person must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
If the thing you wish to do is right, and you believe in it, go ahead and do it! Put your dream across, and never mind what "they" say if you meet with temporary defeat, for "they", perhaps, do not know that every failure brings with it the seed of an equivalent success.
2. Both poverty and riches are the offspring of thought.
Faith is the visualization of, and belief in attainment of desire
Faith is the head chemist of the mind and when faith is blended with thought, the subconscious mind instantly picks up the vibration, translates it into its spiritual equivalent, and transmits it to Infinite Intelligence, as in the case of prayer.
- Faith is a state of mind which may be induced, or created, by affirmation or repeated instructions to the subconscious mind, through the principle of autosuggestion.
- Repetition of affirmation of orders to your subconscious mind is the only known method of voluntary development of the emotion of faith.
- Your belief, or faith, is the element which determines the action of your subconscious mind.
- It is essential that people encourage the positive emotions as dominating forces of their minds, and to discourage and to eliminate negative emotions.
- It is a well-known fact that people come, finally, to believe whatever they repeat to them selves, whether the statements are true or false. People are what they are because of the dominating thoughts which they permit to occupy their minds.
- Thoughts which are mixed with any of the feelings of emotions constitute a "magnetic" force which attracts other similar or related thoughts.
The law of autosuggestion, through which anyone may rise to altitudes of achievement which stagger the imagination, is well described in the following composition:
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win, but you think you can't,
It is almost certain you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you're lost
For out of the world we find,
Success begins with a person's will;
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think you are outclassed, you are,
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the strongest or fastest woman or man,
But sooner or later, those who win
Are those WHO THINK THEY CAN!