You searched for: “gramophone
An instrument for the reproduction of recorded sound, similar in principle to the phonograph but using, instead of a drum, a flat disc containing a spiral groove; a stylus is allowed to rest in the groove as the disc is rotated on a turntable, and the vibrations communicated to the stylus by the iregularities in the groove are transformed into sound vibrations.

In the U.S., phonograph is the generic name for such an instrument.