- questionable: what Cain did when he was curious about what his brother Abel was so upset about.
- outlying: where your prevaricating son is now.
- laplander: anyone who can't keep his, or her, balance in a crowded subway.
- gruesome: how they got their fresh vegetables.
- groan: a fully matured person.
- aspen: a donkey coral.
- abdication: giving up on stomach exercises.
- dictionary: the only place where "divorce" comes before "marriage".
- gossip: a news source from one person based on a series of contributers.
- jury: a panel of twelve untrained in law who are asked to render their legal decisions.
- glazing: sleeping with the eyes open, a popular pastime at conferences and early-morning meetings.
- sarchasm: The gulf between the person being sarcastic and the person who doesn't understand what it means.
- keystroke: when only one side of the computer keyboard is working.
- legend (leg-end): the foot or where the foot is located.
- information (in formation): how military aircraft fly.
- diet: a form of wishful shrinking.
- dieting: corporal downsizing.
- dieting: life in the fast [fasting] lane.
I bought a new dictionary which was really a fictionary although it pretended to be scholarly; I laughed when I read the definition of daffynition and then wrote to my sister about dieting while she was driving her sports car "in the fast (fasting) lane".
I included a P.S. in my letter to explain the lexicomedy reference.