2. An instrument for the orderly and systematic destruction of something: When they renovated their kitchen, they installed a top-of-the-line disposal for the elimination of the household kitchen garbage.
2. The act of getting rid of something: Kari arranged for the disposition of the old tires by sending them to the recycling center.
3. A typical attitude, temperament, or mood: Rosalie had a sunny disposition which enhanced her teaching skills.
Leticia's strong public disposition motivated her to write a deposition to the city disposal agency to complain about the inadequate disposal of garbage in her neighborhood.
2. An electric device installed below a kitchen sink that grinds garbage so it can be flushed away: The restaurant's garbage disposal was an efficient method for getting rid of ingredients that were no longer useful for the preparations of meals.
3. Having the freedom or legal right to use or to keep something: There is money in the credit union that is at John's disposal to utilize as he desires.
4. Final placement or destruction of toxic, radioactive wastes, pesticides, or other chemicals: The site for toxic refuse disposal is located in the country and the nearby rural population is very upset about such disposals.
Various kinds of disposals are done by using landfills, surface impoundments, land farming, deep-well injection, ocean dumping, incinerations, etc.