You searched for: “despotisms”
despotism (s) (noun), despotisms (pl)
A government controlled by an unrestricted authority, especially in a cruel and oppressive way: There have been many countries throughout history where people have existed in despotism, for example when the Germans had Adolf Hitler ruling them with absolute power.
© ALL rights are reserved.
Go to this Word A Day Revisited Index
Other names include the following modern dictators who have advocated despotism:
- Joseph Stalin (U.S.S.R or Russia)
- Mao Zedong (Mao Tse Tung) (China)
- Kim Jong-il (North Korea)
- Muammar Al-Gaddafi (Libya)
- Robert Mugabe (Zimbabwe)
- Plus many others throughout history!