2. Smaller than other things of the same kind: The camera is compact and it is still very versatile.
2. An automobile which is smaller than a medium sized car: In order to save gas, the couple decided to purchase a compact, replacing their larger model.
3. An agreement or a covenant: The knight swore a compact with his king to protect the kingdom.
2. The impression of something which may be compelling or significant: The impact of the discoveries of Madam Curie revolutionized science.
The compact between the automobile companies resulted in the development of several compact models which had a significant impact on the economy.
2. A large amount of digital information that can be stored and accessed, but it cannot be altered by the user.
3. An optical disk that is physically the same as an audio CD, but contains computer data.
"Storage capacity is about 680 megabytes. CD-ROMs are interchangeable between different types of computers."
A CD-RW drive can write about 650 megabytes of data to CD-RW media an unlimited number of times.