You searched for: “circumflex accent
circumflex accent (s) (noun), circumflex accents (pl)
A mark or symbol that is used over a letter to show that it is pronounced in a certain way: For example, the circumflex accent of "o" as in "order" is (?r'duhr) or "circumflex" is (sûr' kuhm fl?ks').

Here are some other circumflex accents with short vowels with a curved symbol above each one: ?, ?, ?, ?, ? and the long vowels are represented by a horizontal line above each one: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?.

This entry is located in the following unit: circum- (page 3)