You searched for: “adjusting screws”
adjusting screw (s) (noun), adjusting screws (pl)
A small screw that is usually found on automobile carburetors, brakes, or headlights which change the way something operates; such as,
- Increasing or decreasing the amount of fuel entering an engine.
- Changing the idle speed of a motor.
- Tightening up the brakes of a vehicle.
- Leveling of the headlights.
- Changing the setting on mechanical rocker arms.
This entry is located in the following unit: junct-, jug-, join- (page 1)