gelo-, geloto- +
(Greek: laugh, laughter, laughing)
Don't confuse words from this Greek element with those from Latin gel-, gelat-, gelati-, meaning "freeze; congeal; gelatin".
For other laugh, laughter words, click on this cachinnate link.
2. Tending to produce laughter.
Perhaps it was a carry-over from ancient oracles, where people inhaled natural gas from volcanic fissures and babbled incoherent utterances which gifted listeners interpreted as prophecies that determined the fate of nations.
2. A sudden loss of muscle tone (cataplexy) induced by uproarious laughter.
Cataplexy is a debilitating medical condition in which a person suddenly feels weak and collapses at moments of strong emotion; such as, laughter, anger, fear, or surprise.
Laughter and other emotions trigger a reflex in persons that can bring many of the muscles of the body to the point of collapse.
2. Divination by means of or involving laughter or interpreting how a person laughs.
2. An insane or hysterical spasmodic laughter.
2. Pertaining to laughter; used in laughing.