Experience the Wonder of Words
Please check all THREE of the different types of quizzes as shown in the following listed sections:
The more words you know, the more clearly and powerfully you will think...and the more ideas you will invite into your mind.
Lists of word challenges composed of image quizzes that are presented one picture-question at a time so you can utilize what may be a more interesting approach for expanding your English word skills.
After answering the question which is associated with the picture, you will receive additional information to expand your understanding of the word and its related illustration.
You will also be informed as to which level of difficulty you will be on based on how many correct or incorrect responses you have completed.
After the first question is answered, you may choose any difficulty level you prefer from 1 to 25.
In addition, you will be informed as to how your score compares with all of the others who have completed each particular question.
If you have no idea as to what the answer might be, before you try an answer, you can use the Word Info link at the bottom of each quiz page, to search for the word you want to see, and then you can still continue with the same quiz page because it will remain available.
Self-scoring family-word groups, or word units, considered as categories and subcategories resulting in quizzes that are presented one question at a time.
Here are some special features that can lead you to greater success:
- You may choose individual subcategories or be quizzed on "All subcategories", but be careful because this choice can be very long, depending on how many questions each subcategory contains.
- You can use the Word Info link at the bottom of each quiz page, to search for the word you want to see, and you can still continue with the same quiz page.
It probably would be a good idea to try each subcategory first, then take "All subcategories" as a review.
- This family-of-words quiz will concentrate on the words which have direct relationships to each other thus allowing you to learn the etymological connections that many of the words have with each other.
- Your category quizzes will all be recorded and will be available for you to see in the Scoreboard link at the bottom on the right of each answer-results page.
- All quiz pages allow you to change to a different type of quiz, whenever you want to try a different format.
Hundreds of self-scoring, randomly-mixed vocabulary quizzes that are presented one word-question at a time so you can significantly expand your word skills.
- The total randomized, or mixed, series of questions and answers will keep total score averages, as long as you are working on the quiz.
- Levels of "difficulty" will be presented on each quiz page which is determined by whether you get the answers correct or not.
- There are fifty levels of difficulty and you may choose which level you prefer to use by clicking on the numerical indicator and then scroll to the level you would like to work with and click on it.
- Each result will also let you know how your answer choice (correct or incorrect) compares with all of the other people who have completed the same question.
- This exercise format contains the total of all of the questions and answers that are produced in the category/subcategory (group) activities presented in the previous quiz type shown above.