Consuming by combustion; such as, the comburivorous power of a gas.
Anyone who only eats food that contains meat.
1. Swallowing or pretending to swallow knives.
2. Devouring knives; swallowing, or pretending to swallow, knives; applicable to people who have swallowed, or have seemed to swallow, knives with impunity.
detritivore (s) (noun)
, detritivores (pl)
1. Feeding on fragmented particulate or eating very small pieces, or particles, of organic matter.
2. An organism which feeds largely upon organic detritus.
All organisms eventually die, and detritivores are a class of organisms that feed on their dead bodies.
Actually, detritivores can themselves be divided into a food web, based on the feeding relationships among the species. In this sense, primary detritivores feed directly on the dead biomass, while secondary detritivores feed on these direct consumers of detritus.
, more detritivorous, most detritivorous
1. A reference to creatures that eat dead organic tissues and organisms in an ecosystem.
2. Descriptive of feeding on fragmented particulate (particles) organic matter.
3. Pertaining to organisms the consume particulate matter (detritus), a mode of existence important in certain ecosystems; such as, in aquatic environments.
Something that is made to be swallowed without chewing, capable of being swallowed whole; or anything ingested in one great gulp.
devour, devours; devoured; devouring (verbs)
1. To eat greedily or voracously.
2. To destroy, consume, or waste; as, “A tornado devoured a wide area of the State”.
3. To take in eagerly.
4. To swallow up, to engulf.
Synonyms: gorge, gobble up, bolt, stuff, cram down; also, by extension: read eagerly, peruse intently, absorb wholly, engulf, and engross.
To eat the flesh of horses.
Feeding on caterpillars.
"The Snack that Crawls or erucivorous snacking.
Feeding on gum and other exudates (that which oozes out or diffuses) from trees.
Related "eat, eating" word units:
Cross references of word families that are related directly, or indirectly, to: "food, nutrition, nourishment":
Eating Crawling Snacks;
Eating: Carnivorous-Plant "Pets";
Eating: Folivory or Leaf Eaters;
If you would like to take self-scoring quizzes over some of the words in this thematic unit, then click on this Vorous Quiz
section so you can evaluate your knowledge about some of these "eating"