1. Opposing an increase in nuclear weapons; especially, in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
2. Taking or containing measures to curb nuclear proliferation: to sign the antiproliferation treaty.
1. Of or pertaining to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells; especially, malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
2. Counteracting a process of proliferation.
(boor ZHWA, BOOR zhwa") (noun
An individual or group which is perceived socially and economically as middle class; a tendency towards material interests and respectability: By living in town, the farmer attempted to be a bourgeois in his lifestyle.
(pro" li TAR ee it) (noun
Of or pertaining to the lower social or economic class in a community; such as, industrial workers or laborers: The proletariat attempted to form a union at the linen mill in an effort to improve their living standards."
In the very class conscious society of the last century, there were clear distinctions between the bourgeois who lived in grand houses and the proletariat who lived in small and crowded huts.
Producing most abundantly at dawn or very early in the day.
1. Relating to or characterized by the proliferation of cells of the bone marrow; such as, myeloproliferative syndromes.
2. In medicine, a reference to or characterized by medullary and extramedullary proliferation of bone marrow constituents, including erythroblasts, granulocytes, megakaryocytes, and fibroblasts.
3. Pertaining to or characterised by unusual proliferation of myelopoietic tissue; or the formation of the tissue elements of bone marrow, or any of the types of blood cells derived from bone marrow; or both processes.
1. A newly created word meaning, proliferation of neologisms or newly created words.
2. A combination of neo, "new"; logo, "word"; and proliferation, "rapid and often excessive spread or increase".
The ability to have offspring late in life.
(pli BEE uhn) (noun
A common or ordinary individual or behavior: Steve always joked that he was a plebeian and rode his bicycle to work instead of taking the car.
(proh" li TAIR ee uhn) (noun
A person who has low social status; such as, a member of the working class: Because Bernhart lacked a proper education and social existence, he spent his whole life as a poor proletarian.
Even though Joshua claimed he was a member of the proletarian, he did not have plebeian manners.
The killing of offspring; specifically, the crime of destroying offspring either before or soon after birth.
1. Of or pertaining to the lowest class of the people.
2. Of or pertaining to the proletariat in the modern sense; such as, the proletarian revolution or the stage of political development predicted by Karl Marx when he said the proletarians would overthrow capitalism.
3. A member of the poorest class of a community; especially, one who is without capital or regular employment; one of the proletariat.
4. Etymology: from Latin proletarius, "citizen of the lowest class"; in ancient Rome, people without property who were exempted from taxes and military service, and who served the state by having children; from proles, "offspring, progeny".
1. The crime of destroying one's offspring, either in the womb or after birth.
2. The killing of one's child.
Prolicide is the act of killing offspring, either before or soon after birth. It is meant to include both infanticide (intentionally causing the death of an infant), and abortion (the killing of a fetus).
The word "prolicide" derives from the Latin words proles meaning "offspring" and caedere meaning "to cut" or "to kill".
1. To cause to grow or increase rapidly or to increase in great numbers.
2. To grow or multiply by rapidly producing new tissue, parts, cells, or offspring.
3. To increase or spread at a rapid rate; such as, fears that nuclear weapons might proliferate.
1. Something which has increased greatly and suddenly in number: "Many tech businesses have proliferated in the last decade."
2. A reference to anything that has grown or multiplied by rapidly producing new tissue, parts, cells, or offspring.
1. The reproduction or multiplication of similar forms, especially of cells and morbid cysts.
2. The act of proliferating; a rapid and often excessive spread or increase.
Related "birth, born, childbirth, offspring" words: