2. Pronunciation, enunciation, or modulation of speech: The famous movie actor speaks with a French accent.
3. A hint, a touch, a detail: The room was painted white with just a slightly green accent.
The ascent to the top of the mountain was difficult for Jared, Adrian, and Javier.2. Incline, slope: The road made a sharp ascent to the top of the hill.
3. Advancement, progress: Marie's parents were amazed about her ascent from being a secretary to becoming president of the company in just five years.
Romeo was willing to assent to Juliet's request that he come again.
With the assent of the board of directors, the new board room was painted green with an accent or two of white highlighting the ascent of the ceiling to the skylight in the center.
2. Incline, slope: "The road made a sharp ascent to the top of the hill."
3. Advancement, advance, rise, progress, progression, ascension: "We were amazed about her ascent from secretary to president of the company in just five years."