2. The part of a piece of clothing that covers the arm.
3. A side piece of a chair or sofa, designed to support the arms of anyone sitting in it.
4. The part of an animal's body that is similar to the human arm.
5. A flexible limb in an invertebrate animal; such as, an octopus.
6. A long thin part that is projecting from something larger; for example, an arm of the sea.
7. A branch of an organization, a section of the armed forces; for example, the military has a combat arm.
2. To prepare a weapon so that it is ready to use in a military action, as by releasing a safety device.
3. To provide someone with the information or equipment needed to accomplish something: "She was armed with all of the information she will need to complete the report."
The term is applied in particular to devices used to measure infrared radiation.2. A receiver for detecting microwave thermal radiation and similar weak wide-band signals that resemble noise and are obscured by receiver noise.
The primary application of an atmospheric radiometer has been on board spacecraft measuring atmospheric and terrestrial radiation, and they are mostly used for meteorological or oceanographic remote-sensing.
Their secondary application is also meteorological, as zenith-pointing surface instruments that view the earth's atmosphere in a region above the stationary instrument.
By understanding the physical processes associated with energy emission at these wavelengths, scientists can calculate a variety of surface and atmospheric parameters from these measurements, including air temperature, sea surface temperature, salinity, soil moisture, sea ice, precipitation, the total amount of water vapor and the total amount of liquid water in the atmospheric column directly above or below the instrument.
A conveyor is any materials-handling machine designed to move individual articles; such as, solids or free-flowing bulk materials over a horizontal, inclined, declined, or vertical path of travel with continuous motion.