You searched for:
More possibly related word entries
area (AIR ee uh)
1. Surface; extent or range, zone, space: "The apple orchid covers a large area of the farm."
2. Region, locality, terrain, territory, district: "Alligators are found in marshy areas."
3. Field, sphere, realm, scope: "France has always excelled in the area of the arts."
1. Surface; space: The apple orchard covers a large area of the farm.
2. Region, territory, district: Alligators are found in this marshy area.
3. Field, sphere, realm: France has always excelled in the area of the arts.
A melody sung solo or as a duet in an opera, oratorio, or cantata: The two singers closed the concert with an aria.
The area of the stage and auditorium was vast; fortunately, Ramona’s voice was strong as she sang the lovely aria and everyone could hear and appreciate each note.
A unit related to:
Word Entries containing the term:
electronic confusion area
1. An area on a radar screen which a target appears to occupy according to a particular radar beam.
2. The amount of space in which a target appears to occupy in a radar resolution cell, as it appears to that radar beam.
1. Any part or portion of the earth's surface which has been delimited or recognized by some particular characteristic.
2. An area of land that can be considered as a unit for the purposes of some geographical classification.
Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.
1. Those areas within a building that include equipment rooms and passages through which air circulates and where piping, communication, hoisting, conveying, and electrical services are installed.
2. The areas in a building that include equipment rooms, shafts, stacks, tunnels, and closets used for heating, ventilating, air conditioning, piping, communication, hoisting, conveying, and electrical services.
1. The sensory area for olfaction lying in the hippocampal gyrus of the brain.
2. The area of nasal mucosa in which the olfactory organ is situated.
A region at the base of the brain through which numerous small branches of the anterior and middle cerebral arteries (lenticulostriate arteries) enter the depth of the cerebral hemisphere.
It is bordered medially by the optic chasm and anterior half of the optic tract, rostrally and laterally by the lateral olfactory stria; its anteromedial part corresponds to the olfactory tubercle.
, ruricoles; ruricoled; ruricoling: fields, country area
Living in the country or in fields.
The area of the cerebral (brain) cortex concerned with visuognosis or the recognition and interpretation of visual impressions.
Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS)
Word Entries at Get Words:
The measurement or extent of a two-dimensional surface enclosed within a boundary: "The area of a triangle."
Word Entries at Get Words containing the term:
A nation's or a culture's historic homeland.
New Additions to the Search Area
A great deal of effort has been made since the last newsletter to include new words and definitions with some of the Latin and/or Greek elements in the search area. Such additions are indicated below for your consideration. Let me know if you have any desires for specific Latin and/or Greek word groups. So much to do and so little time to get them done.
There are thousands of English words that are derived from Latin and Greek sources which can be found by doing searches at this Cross-References Search page.
Again, if you don’t see what you would like to have, you are urged to let me know which Latin and/or Greek elements and related words and definitions you would like to see.
The net south-facing glazing area projected on a vertical plane.