2. Anyone who is professionally involved in, or versed in, the study of the human species and their ancestors: Anthropologists have made considerable use of information provided by archaeologists in their attempt to understand the origins of modern customs, art, and social and political life.
Anthropologists seek to study and to interpret the special characteristics of any particular population or activity in terms of its time and place in the total history of mankind.
2. One who is versed in anthropology.
3. One who studies or is versed in anthropology.
4. A social scientist who specializes in anthropology.
5. An expert in anthropology.
The growth studies, both of humans and other primates, engage the attention of many physical anthropologists in medical and dental schools as well as in independent clinics and universities.